Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Alleviate Stress

Your are what you eat "they say." I've found it to be true myself, haven't you? I can explode on food and feel totally out of it or I find I can have a more relaxed feeling when I choose the proper food during my times of stress or with my everyday lifestyle. What's the difference? What I eat and when I eat! Let's look today at some foods we eat that will either aggravate stress or alleviate it.

The biggest offenders of aggravated stress in our lives are very common and well known: sugar, caffeine, and alcohol. Our body under stress is usually looking for a quick fix, also known as "cravings." Sugar will provide you with some quick energy, but soon let you down, as will caffeine and alcohol. Too much? Watch out, the downer comes at an expensive health cost and if any of these are used in excess you may have a real problem.

Foods that alleviate stress would be clean, fresh vitamin-packed vegetables and fruits. Beans rich in vitamin B6 can be a good source of a "mood" lifter also. Instead of sugar for maintaining stable blood sugar levels try whole grain bread. Whole grains slowly release carbs for a body under stress needing a fuel injection. Yes, carbohydrates are essential. Like anything else just don't overdue it. Then there's pure refreshing water. Yes, water! Every process in your body requires water or it can't function. For peak performance you don't want to be dehydrated but rather filled to capacity and overflowing in health! Alleviate fatigue and sluggishness and stress by drinking your 8 - eight ounce glasses of water per day.

Here's to your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment