Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Personal Testimony

When fasting I have found a most blessed way to get me through the tough moments in a fast. If you have fasted before, you know those moments... times that come up where you just have to eat something, times when the enemy wants to distract you and take you off your course, times when you know the seriousness of your fast and yet you are growing weak! It's during these times that I cry out to the Lord and focus on Him.

I have been on fasts and do fast for physical reasons; however, my fasts most always will have my spiritual foundation with my Lord and Savior as my main focus and will have a spiritual cause. By doing this, I have found the best breakthrough for those tough moments during a fast. Communion. Yes, the Lord's Supper. There is nothing in the Bible that says your pastor or elders would have to administer the communion elements to you. You and the Lord are present and in a moment of great need you can take the bread and the cup and be renewed both spiritually and physically! I simply take out my Bible and read I Corinthians 11:23-26, or a passage of Scripture that the Holy Spirit may lead me to read, sometimes more than one. I prayerfully consider the cause or reason I am fasting, taking it to the Lord and leaving it with Him and then I sup with Him. Because we have a relationship I have found this to be a most intimate time and a time of great strengthening!

Here's to your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment