Friday, April 23, 2010

What a Healthy Lifestyle Might Look Like

When I look at the question "what would a healthy lifestyle look like, I might write: "I see me...
in the room crowded with active people chatting about whatever, gathered together for an activity, or two people dressed out for a healthy mile or two walk... me and a friend at work, a neighbor, or my husband. I see me and people around me not skinny but definitely not fat! More like "just right" for each one of us because we know that right weight and how we should feel in our clothes, or how we should fit seated in a chair or our car; even how we should "feel" when we bend over to pick something off the floor! We're not all "buffed" out but not weaklings either. We are people who know... we know what we should look like on the outside (and the inside), clean, healthy, relaxed, filled with joy, living a peaceful life. We know what we want and don't want, we know who we want to be with or don't want to be around. We know a healthy relationship versus an unhealthy one... healthy reading, healthy speaking, healthy living! We are people who do right, choose right, eat right, live right and apply to our lives the best of what we know to do and how to do it as we live a healthy lifestyle.

You might see a winding road on a shady lane and be happy.
You might see yourself sitting on the sand at the beach and be able to relax.
You might be jogging or hiking a trail through the backwoods and the exhilaration of it all excites you.
Maybe it's sitting around with family and loved ones and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine of a backyard bar-b-que... healthy of course! Maybe lightly cooked vegetable kabobs or raw fruit kabobs on a skewer and a cool glass of freshly made herbal tea with a twig of mint or a slice of lemon...

...put yourself in the picture and make it a healthy view from inside your mind or paste an actual picture on the frig that will remind you of the lifestyle you long for and the healthy body you desire. Not that I'm a milk drinker now, but back when the magazines and television were advertising "milk, it does a body good," I cut one of those gorgeous bodies out and put it on my frig - it was a great reminder that I was going to have a healthy looking body one day (maybe not exactly like hers, but the best I could have!) I know have trained my mind to think healthier because the slogan I use for that advertisement is now, "carrot juice, it does a body good!"

Here's to your imagination... think healthy and you will begin to live healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment